Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Contacts N Coffee

Well yesterday I presented a 10 minute tidbit about The HR Firm, what we do and how we can help our community at the Conejo Contacts N Coffee. For those of you who have not been able to attend one of the many meetings, trust me, you have to try it. I really didn't know how I was going to get the passion and mission of The HR Firm into a ten minute presentation. So I went back to my training roots. One thing I know is that adults love to be entertained while they learn. I know people were expecting a bit of a dry, scary presentation and I loved that I surprised all of them as I tossed chocolate at them for answering questions correctly! Training 101, keep your audience engaged. I didn't want to make light of what we do but let’s face it, any legal stuff is scary. Now add that to the burden of being in business and well, you have lots of people who want to run away. Training 102, earn your audience's trust. My goal was to inform about what The HR Firm does but also let people get to know me. I have been in Ventura County now for over 15 years and have honed my skill set in some of the county's most prestigious companies. Why is that important to know? Simply put, I'm here to stay and give back to my community. Training 103, give an action plan. With so many law changes, there really is no better itme like the present to make sure your company is compliant. The HR Firm is here to help with all of your Human Resource needs, be it an audit of your policies and procedures or setting up your HR department.

The truth is, small businesses are the key to turning this economy around. At The HR Firm, we want to make sure each of our clients and members of our community know that they have someone who can be a resource and understands well the needs of the small business owner.

If you have questions about human resources or need consulting in the area of human resources, please contact me, Rosandra Esquivel, at rosandra@thehrfirm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment